Relax. Unwind. Chill out.
It’s holiday season. And be it relaxing on a beach, having Christmas dinner, end of year work-functions or being reflective on new year’s eve, chances are you’ll be spending some quality time talking with friends & family.
So let’s ensure those conversations are quality.
As the year ends it’s a good time to take stock of yourself. And as the next chapter begins, you can start dreaming anew.
So try kicking these conversation starters around over the break. In the midst of them, you may discover your own answers.
1. How have you changed or grown in the last 12 months?
2. What do you believe we are celebrating at Christmas time?
3. What has been your personal highlight of 2016?
4. What new skill do you want to learn in the next 12 months?
5. What places are on your bucket list to travel to?
6. What did you achieve with the last 12 months?
7. How can you have more fun this year?
8. What will you remember about 2016?
9. What do you want to be different this time next year? How will you make that happen?
Not all conversation needs to be super-reflective or challenging. Sometimes it’s great just to have a laugh with an unusual topic. So make sure you are subscribing to Awkward Silence so that you can pick from our range of conversation starters each week.
When starting a conversation, we can jump to the most obvious question. Chances are, this person has heard this question a lot and is now bored by it.
What goals can you set this year? Whether it’s having more fun, expanding friendships or personal growth, conversation is an integral factor.
The best of the best Awkward Silence articles of 2017.
Christmas is the most magical time of year. Yet too many of us let it be a highly stressful time. Does this sound like your Christmas experience? If it does, then stop.
Social media shouldn’t replace interacting with friends in real life. However, we can use it to enhance our real-life social interactions.
Try something more than mere courtesy. Taking a comment beyond what is expected demonstrates sincerity.