Relax. Unwind. Chill out.
It’s holiday season. And be it relaxing on a beach, having Christmas dinner, end of year work-functions or being reflective on new year’s eve, chances are you’ll be spending some quality time talking with friends & family.
So let’s ensure those conversations are quality.
As the year ends it’s a good time to take stock of yourself. And as the next chapter begins, you can start dreaming anew.
So try kicking these conversation starters around over the break. In the midst of them, you may discover your own answers.
1. How have you changed or grown in the last 12 months?
2. What do you believe we are celebrating at Christmas time?
3. What has been your personal highlight of 2016?
4. What new skill do you want to learn in the next 12 months?
5. What places are on your bucket list to travel to?
6. What did you achieve with the last 12 months?
7. How can you have more fun this year?
8. What will you remember about 2016?
9. What do you want to be different this time next year? How will you make that happen?
Not all conversation needs to be super-reflective or challenging. Sometimes it’s great just to have a laugh with an unusual topic. So make sure you are subscribing to Awkward Silence so that you can pick from our range of conversation starters each week.
Why is frequent conversation so necessary for a relationship? And what are the consequences of ignoring it?
Impacting the world starts by impacting those around us. What are the practical ways we do this every day?
How do you impact the world? What gives your life meaning & purpose? How can you make your mark?
We tend to spend more time with our workmates than anyone else. Annoying habits can creep in easily. How can you go from being a potentially irritating co-worker to being a friend?
Are you forgetting to share your life with the one you share your life with?
Does sarcasm enchance a conversation or is it detrimental?
While Google is often handy, in the course of our social conversations it can take something away.
It’s perfectly human to have been wrong. What should we do with outdated points of view?
This trick will serve you well… but not for long.
10 dos & don’ts that will ensure you aren’t the annoying voice in a conversation.