Relax. Unwind. Chill out.
It’s holiday season. And be it relaxing on a beach, having Christmas dinner, end of year work-functions or being reflective on new year’s eve, chances are you’ll be spending some quality time talking with friends & family.
So let’s ensure those conversations are quality.
As the year ends it’s a good time to take stock of yourself. And as the next chapter begins, you can start dreaming anew.
So try kicking these conversation starters around over the break. In the midst of them, you may discover your own answers.
1. How have you changed or grown in the last 12 months?
2. What do you believe we are celebrating at Christmas time?
3. What has been your personal highlight of 2016?
4. What new skill do you want to learn in the next 12 months?
5. What places are on your bucket list to travel to?
6. What did you achieve with the last 12 months?
7. How can you have more fun this year?
8. What will you remember about 2016?
9. What do you want to be different this time next year? How will you make that happen?
Not all conversation needs to be super-reflective or challenging. Sometimes it’s great just to have a laugh with an unusual topic. So make sure you are subscribing to Awkward Silence so that you can pick from our range of conversation starters each week.
Today you will win a lottery with 1 in 7 billion odds.
When someone dully insists on asking about work, be sneaky and turn the conversation into something interesting. We give you 20 ways to do it!
How do people perceive you? And what can you do to mold that perception?
Do you want a game where everyone wins no matter how badly they play? Do you think you know everything about your lover?
How do you respond when an important conversation presents itself? Do you minimise it?
Are conversations about entertainment pointless?
What is the taboo topic that we should talk about a lot more?
How are you with the basics of conversation? Test yourself with this check list.
Is Carpe Diem a load of crap?
Try these conversation starters with your Valentines date.