Hopefully you are using the Christmas break to have a holiday or relax. In that spirit, we give you another conversation game to play.
Today’s game “Alphabet List” is simple. Simply read out the topics below one at a time that are themed with a letter, and see what interesting answers or suggestions come out.
Of course, you can also add your own suggestions of topics for each letter. Or swap around the topics attached to each letter to come up with a new list.
- Something you want for your birthday beginning with A.
- A famous landmark you would like to see beginning with B.
- Your favorite animal beginning with C.
- A band or singer you love beginning with D.
- A food you love beginning with E.
- A greeting beginning with F.
- An alternative job you could have beginning with G.
- A song you love beginning with H.
- An insulting name you would use beginning with I.
- A motto you could give yourself beginning with J.
- Invent a swear word beginning with K.
- Something you hate beginning with L.
- Your favorite TV show beginning with M.
- An activity you would love to do beginning with N.
- Your favorite celebrity beginning with O.
- A way to describe yourself beginning with P.
- A name you would give a horse beginning with Q.
- A name you would make-up for a style of car beginning with R (imagine a car company wants you to name their new car design).
- Your favorite movie beginning with S.
- Your favorite body part beginning with T.
- Something you love beginning with U.
- The country you would most like to visit beginning with V.
- The question you ask the most beginning with W.
- Something you are afraid of beginning with X.
- A nickname you could give yourself beginning with Y.
- Your favorite word beginning with Z.
When starting a conversation, we can jump to the most obvious question. Chances are, this person has heard this question a lot and is now bored by it.
What goals can you set this year? Whether it’s having more fun, expanding friendships or personal growth, conversation is an integral factor.
The best of the best Awkward Silence articles of 2017.
Christmas is the most magical time of year. Yet too many of us let it be a highly stressful time. Does this sound like your Christmas experience? If it does, then stop.
Social media shouldn’t replace interacting with friends in real life. However, we can use it to enhance our real-life social interactions.
Try something more than mere courtesy. Taking a comment beyond what is expected demonstrates sincerity.