Want to try Awkward Silence but not sure if you want to pay for the 99c trial subscription? Then download the Awkward Silence Free App for your android device. Please read the following notes for how to download this app.
The regular app (valued at $2.95) contains over 200 conversation starters, and comes as a free bonus with your trial subscription. The Deluxe app (valued at $13) contains over 500 conversation starters and is a free bonus with the annual subscription. And each year, you get a new app with 500 new conversation starters.
The free app is a small sample containing 30 conversation starters. You can search through them randomly by clicking the "next round" button or by swiping the main image.
You will need to download the app from your android device. We have made the process as painless as possible but it will still take a couple of minutes. Follow the following steps. (Read the bold print for the super quick method.):
1. When you have internet access, press the download button at the top of the page. An arrow pointing down will appear in the top left corner of your screen followed by a tick.
2. A message will appear at the bottom of your screen saying "AwkwardSilenceFree.apk downloaded". To it's right, press the word that says "open".
3. A warning message may pop up saying "Install blocked" with a reason regarding security because you have obtained this from the website and not the Play store. The download is perfectly fine, but if you want to be sure you can download it from the Google Play store instead. Otherwise, click on the button that says "Settings".
4. Your Security Settings will display. Click on the empty box next to "Unknown Sources". A pop-up window will suggest that if you make this change in settings, you should allow this installation only. Click OK.
5. Another message will ask "Do you want to install this application?". It will note issues with privacy, device access and your SD card that won't apply in this instance. This app can't send your information to us or anyone else. The app merely uses your device & SD card to save your personal settings to your phone. Click "install" at the bottom of the screen.
6. A message with a tick will say "App Installed". Click "open" at the bottom of the screen.
7. You can now use the app. When you are done, leave the app and use it again later by finding the Awkward Silence icon in your apps.
At the start of each year, an Awkward Silence app will be released containing the previous year's conversation starters. This will be sent as a free bonus to everyone fully subscribed to Awkward Silence.